Bedrock shipment Busted by FEDEx

Sorry Morgan and Chris, but FedEx busted your wine shipment. [cry.gif] Vinfillment sent me two pcs via FedEx. A twelve bottle box and a one bottle box. Guess which box? If you guessed the 12 bottle box [winner.gif] [dance-clap.gif]

Anyways It did not even make it to my house. Actually i have my FEDEx shipments sent to my local pickup store. Apparently it got all the way to my city local pickup store where they dropped it. [oops.gif] So it is on its way back to california. [help.gif]

I was sooooo close. I asked for my delivery and she handed me a small box. I said there are two pieces. She said no there isnt. I said are you sure. Yes sir. I figured one was arriving late. This morning i looked up the FEDEx number and saw its return status.

I will enjoy my one bottle in the meantime and hope you saved a few extra bottles for whatever FedEx busted.

[thankyou.gif]

oops

So nice, he said it twice!

Sorry for your loss. I’m still waiting for mine.

I hate my laptop.

tis a poor craftsman who blames his tools. :slight_smile:

I already sent an email to Chris, so he is aware, but I got a box without tape on the bottom and trashed styrofoam inside. I also had a bottle go MIA. The other case, while complete and intact was a thousand shards of styrofoam. A mess to clean each bottle prior to storing.

Joe, you might want to edit your thread title. I was sure this was about FedEx seizing some wine going to a no ship state and “busting” Bedrock for that till I opened it.

My FedEx guy gently placed my boxes into my Highlander. What are you people doing wrong?

my wine also arrived with the styrofoam in bad shape. Six of the bottles had the bottom piece of styrofoam detached under them (it was still in place but fell out as six styrofoam circles when removed). I also got lots and lots of tiny styrofoam particles on all the bottles.

Same. Box was coming apart as well.

That’s it, I’m never buying from Bedrock again. Look at this terrible customer service.

[end sarcasm]

I just hope the FedEx guy enjoyed my missing bottle of Old Vine. [snort.gif]

You should insist that they send you fresh, quality styrofoam before you sent the damaged one back

Same here. The wine arrived intact, but the bottom of the styrofoam failed under all 12 bottles. I’ll be cleaning styrofoam particles from the bottles, my cellar and my clothes for a while. Having a bunch of Bedrock and Under the Wire is more than apt conslolation!

Any ideas on what caused such a wide spread failure of packing materials?

Shipping party at Bedrock with too much wine?

Bedrock almost always arrives in damaged styrofoam. So does the styrofoam and packaging from plenty of other wineries and retailers cough Last Bottle cough. I’ve always assumed it comes from reusing styrofoam shippers, which would be a very good thing imo if true. If the damage is from crappy handling during shipping, it does give me a bit more pause…and if I was shipping to a location where temps are of greater concern even during shipping season I’d consider making mention of it.

Either way, other than how annoying all the pieces are to clean up due to static electricity it’s never really bothered me much.

Just got my two cases today with no issues. One of the boxes had bits of styrofoam on the bottles, but who cares? You can just wipe it off. Realizing that 24 bottles of liquid were shipped 2500 miles across the country in under a week and all arrived in good shape is good enough for me.

Thankfully when you order from Bedrock the ONLY thing you have to worry about is the slippery fingers of the Fed-ex delivery person, they always make it right [cheers.gif]

Does anybody remember the gorilla from the Samsonite commercial? His relatives work for FedEx, UPS and every airline’s baggage handlers. One or two drops or tosses of a styro 12 pack usually results in damage to the styro under the bottles. We usually put a sheet of bubble wrap around each bottle, providing extra cushioning around and under the bottles. This seems to reduce the occurrence of damage to the shipper.

I got my Last Bottle shipment and a Nicora shipment the same day as Bedrock. Both were perfect. Only the Vin Fulfillment ones were all broken up and why would Vin Fulfillment use only one piece of tape to seal the bottom of the box? My business ships all the time. Three pieces is SOP.