TN: 2006 Casanova di Neri Brunello di Montalcino Tenuta Nuova

• 2006 Casanova di Neri Brunello di Montalcino Tenuta Nuova - Italy, Tuscany, Montalcino, Brunello di Montalcino (10/17/2014)
    OH so tasty! Just love these wines….like having an Italian/Napa/Bordeaux blend! You have the perfectly ripe, fresh crushed dark berry fruit…liqueured with graphite ala Napa….then the silky smooth, powdery dry tannins…with some leather, tobacco, dusty earth ala Bordeaux……all wrapped up in perfect balance with the fresh and alive cherry skin sours/acidity…tar, chocolate covered orange wedge, and the killer dried potpourri florals ala Italian. Yea…this is one hell of a Italapadeaux wine!!!
    Many years of pleasure await with this beauty. (96 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

I really like that producer (which I know isn’t the cool thing to say around here).

Their regular Brunello (white label) is a great value at $30-40 and sees only large neutral casks, so it’s red fruited and lighter colored. The Tenuta Nuova gets barrique treatment and is darker, lusher and more tannic, but it evolves into something very nice in its own style. I’ve only had the Cerretalto once (a 1996, off a restaurant list in Montalcino about 4 years ago), and it was great too.

Thanks for the note.

Thanks for the note, I have quite a few of these; sounds like I need to put one in the lineup.

Edit: I just checked; mine are all 07s. The 06 is supposed to be incredible but the notes on the 07 arent too bad either. Still looking forward to popping one open.

Wasn’t this one of The Suckling’s 100 pointers?

Another 06 Tenuta Nuova…with some friends!! grouphug

Chris, I`m going to join in with the “do not say that” gang, I really like this procedure too. And, this wine and other more recent vintages are wonderful.

Nice notes and a good reminder of a fine wine I need to revisit more often.