NV Pierre Peters Cuvee De Reserve - L.012007

I’m guessing from the lot number of 012007 that this was disgorged in January of 2007. Does anyone happen to know what the base vintage is? I’ve been searching around but am unable to find this disgorgement discussed anywhere other than a few TNs from 2008.

Any information would be appreciated - champagne.gif

Travis,

It is a 2004 based wine. I found it (and the 2005 base that came after it) to be the worst Peters NV releases of the last decade or so. It has gotten better with time, but has always come across to me as thin, green/under-ripe and lacking in the wine’s normal character and complexity. Age has smoothed out the rough edges, but hasn’t really added much to it for my taste.

Brad-

Thanks for the details, I’ll drink up soon. Shame, have been enjoying these but they’ve been recent disgorgements. They’ll be fun to compare.

Appreciate the knowledge you bring to the board and you taking the time to share it. Makes for some very interesting and informative Champagne discussions.

I’m not an expert by any means, but a mediocre Pierre Peters is still better than most Champagne out there. Definitely in my upper tier.

Anyone know what vintages are in a jan. 2014 disgorgement?