Beaujolais Blanc?

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a bottle in my area for retail, do they exist?
Do the same top names in Beaujolais red all make a white wine or are there other names to watch out for? They must make some white wine in the region?

I used to have a “contrarian” section on several wine lists with Beaujolais Blanc, Sancerre Rouge, still Champagne, Late Harvest Chardonnay, etc… so, yes they exist. Most importers don’t bother with them though.

Yes, they exist. All chardonnay. Jean Paul Brun makes a nice, clean one.

+1 The Brun is usually good. Duboeuf probably makes one. I think only like 1% of the wine from Beaujolais is white so they aren’t that common.

Brun’s offering is a nice clean chard. Good value. It’s the only one I’ve had though.

The Brun is nice, and I’ve had a couple of bottlings from Duboeuf over the years that were very nice as well. They tend to be softer with lower acidity than your typical Macon…

Had a few. Not particularly interesting. I like Beaujolais and think it’s underrated in general, but the whites aren’t going to make it’s reputation. You can get lots of insipid whites from all over. I’d go to Macon in preference.

do they exist? CT and WSPro are your friends here…

lots of great options - my preference is Chermette.

Domaine de Boissieu and Brun are the only 2 I have had and both were great in 07/08. Need to hunt some of these down. Great value as I recall.

Debize makes one that is Chard + Pinot Gris, kills with Thai food.

I drank the Brun for years and thought it quite good. I now sell (wholesale) the Beaujolais Blanc of Dominique Cornin (his son, Romain, is now the winemaker). Of course I am biased, but he makes no red wines, is based in Macon and it is the best Beaujolais Blanc I have had. Light, clean, no oak, organic fruit (but not certified); it is worth finding.

Like many, Brun is the only one I’ve had. I like it, an execellent value.

By law Beaujolais Blanc can be named/Marketed as Macon Villages. Most negociants now label/sell it as such because it moves faster. Small/artisan producers such as Brun will still label it as Beaujolais Blanc, and good for them they have earned it by preserving it.

I’ve had a few Beaujolais Blanc and none that made me want to buy it. The Brun was the best of them, but in the same price class and style, I’d rather buy (just as an example) the Mâcon-Igé or the Mâcon-Verzé from Nicolas Maillet.

The others I’ve had were by Domaine des Nugues, Domaine du Vissoux and Château Thivin (they make a blanc, too, which is oak-aged). All were ok, but nothing to write home about.