Saturday afternoon TNs: Two Beaujolais

I opened both of these last night, as my much better half and I were going to a French BYOB, and they had an olive-crusted cod on the menu that I thought would be a good match for the Bojo (which it was). Today, notes when I could actually think about each wine individually and spend some time with them:

All that said, perhaps less interesting on the palate - somewhat compact, without the finish of the Thivin. Love the nose here, but at the end of the day the point is to drink the stuff, and it’s somewhat straightforward/mono-dimensional on the palate.

Probably not the kind of wine I would be chasing in the future, although I do have a few bottles left, so we’ll see if anything interesting develops.

• 2012 Château Thivin Côte de Brouilly - France, Burgundy, Beaujolais, Côte de Brouilly (9/20/2014)
    Might be my first time trying this vintage - color is translucent ruby; nice fruitiness on the nose.

Ripe red & black fruit on the palate, with nice persistence on the finish. Pretty enjoyable, albeit not overly complex. I find this fairly open-knit right now, but I don’t drink a lot of Beaujolais, so no clue as to how (or if) it might age.

Posted from CellarTracker