TN: 2010 Pierre Morey Bourgogne Blanc

Jerry Hey turned me on to Pierre Morey’s wines. For those that don’t know, he is the former general manager at Domaine Leflaive. When my wife took her first taste of this, I asked her what she thought of it. She said “it’s delicious, it’s Meursault, right?” As it turns out, Pierre Morey’s Bourgogne Blanc is all Meursault fruit and the 2010 would pass for a very good villages version. I recall reading that John Gilman prefers Bize Bourgogne Blanc over all others, and I know that many like Roulot’s version. I’ll take Pierre Morey’s, particularly this 2010. This one had me running to my laptop to check the importer’s last inventory. Quite a bargain in white Burgundy at $30ish a throw. Thank you, Jerry!

Disclaimer: I sell this wine (and Bize and Roulot, and lots of other Bourgogne Blancs, but none like this).

Different style to Roulot right? I generally prefer Roulot.

Yes, different style. Roulot is leaner and crisper. This has more flesh than Roulot, more yellow fruit and a kiss of Meursault hazelnut, but it has good acids and is certainly very fresh. Both would pass for excellent villages/good 1er cru Meursault.

Totally different producer from when you insert Yves Colin inbetween right?

Correct.