TN: NV Richards Wine Company Concord Wild Irish Rose

For those who think all I drink is White Zinfandel left at my house by poorly behaved guests, here is a TN in response to Mark’s Charity Challenge.

• NV Richards Wine Company Concord Wild Irish Rose - USA, New York, Finger Lakes, Cayuga Lake (9/1/2014)
    Light red, almost rose. acetone and red cherry on the nose. Sweet red Catawaba flavor, similar to dilute Manischewitz Concord Grape. Produced in Canandaigua, New York. Definite Finger Lakes red wine terroir. There is a bit of popcorn flavor but no butter on it. Finish lasts way too long. Still have that Smith Brothers Cough Drop flavor well after I hoped the finish would be gone. I swallowed in it the name of science, so it gets 60 points, which is my minimum for a wine that your reflexes did not force you to spit out. (60 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Photo proof appears in Mark’s thread.

I am shocked. Veritably shocked, that no one commented on this TN.

OK…I’ll bite, Jay. I’ve been trying to get on this mailing list for 8 yrs. Have yet to get one btl allocated.
I’ve hinted to them I know Richard and that I have an Irish background and can swear like an Irishman.
And my brother, QuackserFortune, has a cousin in the Bronx.
All to no avail.
You are one lucky guy to get this wine, Jay.
Tom

The Tame Irish Rose is much more open and ready for business to the tune of 62+ points. I am letting my Wild rest in the cellar.