Get on this list. Thank me later. Becklyn Cellars

This is a new and exciting work made by Mike Smith. We had the pleasure of sampling at CLONYC 44 and everyone in attendance agreed it was just great.

http://www.becklyncellars.com

Couldn’t agree with you more Mike.

• 2012 Becklyn Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon - USA, California, Napa Valley (6/25/2014)
    Got an early sample of this after bottling from Mike. Another Mike Smith Cabernet Sauvignon? Yup! A blend of Kennefick Ranch and McGah fruit. Going on 4 hrs of air right now. This is painfully young but has developed nicely since opening. Deep dark purple color. Nose is chock full of black olive, dark berry fruit and French oak. The palate is signature Mike Smith with rich black and red fruit, great depth, and balance. The acidity is fairly bright at this point and pierces through all the fruit. Mid palate shows some flinty minerality and it sports a juicy, spicy, chalky finish. Not sure of the release price but was told it would be in the 55-60ish range. Reminds me a lot of the '12 Myriad Napa Valley blend. Real nice drink for the dollar. Release is in the Fall.

Posted from CellarTracker

Any idea of the release price?

Opps Thanks Brian.

For those considering signing up, you might want to get on it. The offer for the '12 cab and '13 SB goes out on 9/9.

The cab is $60.

By the way, I understand there’s a good amount of Three Twins fruit in the cab, along with the Kenefick and McGah fruit. Good ingredients, for sure!

Mike,
Just curious.
What is the stated alcohol content?

TTT

Already signed up based on your first posting of the event. I am stoked to try these. I absolutely love Mike Smith Cabernets.

Thanks Mike for the previous heads up! Signed up based on last post. Hope to get some sort of Allocation.

So how would you describe the structure? or in comparison to other Napa Cabs? Do you know what the acidity (TA) would be?

I guess the main distinction I’m trying to find out is if this will have good acidity or if it will be a really milky Opus One type Napa Cab.

Nothing milky about Mike’s cabs. This one is in-line with his entry level Myriad.

Signed up, thanks Mike.

Again, what is the alcohol level??

TTT

Don’t know.

Mike and Leah brought a bottle of this to dinner while we were in Napa a few weeks ago.
It raised a few eyebrows! I immediately signed up for the list.

Well. I’m on the list

Now what?

Wait for the offer and buy what you want. Easy-peasy.

I was hoping for instant allocation.

Oh well.

Read my note above, I covered the acidity. I thought newhere

It hasn’t released yet.