TN: 1999 Jacques-Frédéric Mugnier Chambolle-Musigny 1er Cru Les Fuées

• 1999 Jacques-Frédéric Mugnier Chambolle-Musigny 1er Cru Les Fuées - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Chambolle-Musigny 1er Cru (8/26/2014)
    Can this really be 15yrs old??? Like many 99s this is maturing at a glaciated pace. I just turned 59 and this might be hitting its upper end stride when I’m 70. Today though this is such a pretty wine and the definition of Chambolle Musigny lacey femininity and consummate refinement. What’s missing yet is more palate complexity which currently shows nice red raspberry and spice but no autumnal forest floor on the nose or palate. My last btl and I sure wish I had a few more as I suspect this will be truly awesome around 2020+. Paid $72, those were the good old days for Mugnier! Current average auction price $185. (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

The good old days is right.
Sounds like it’s coming along nicely, Craig.
Wished I had some to sit on.
This sounds great, if only I could get it at early 2000s pricing!
Cheers.

Nice bottle of wine. I buy this wine when I can find it in almost all vintages. The prices are really going up quickly on all of Mugnier’s wines.

Thanks guys, the only Mugnier I have bought lately is the Marchale and I haven’t bought any of the 11s or 12s.