No Volunteers at Sting's Tuscan estate...

You PAY £200 a DAY to work harvesting his grapes and olives:

Nothing in life is free?

Douchebags in the material world.

[rofl.gif]

If you love someone, let them harvest your crops for free.

It IS a douche move but it probably gets him out of all SORTS of Italian / EU bullshit regarding employees.

There’s a message in that bottle!

Does not tell me anything unless I know a number things, such as, how much other owners pay for the same type of work, how many hours they work per day, what’s the hourly rate in the US.

Article on the plight of migrant workers in Piemontese vineyards:

Roberto, your second link confuses me even more. He pays like $340 or so per day, all the others may much less. So where’s the beef. I must be missing something [scratch.gif]

Never mind, I get an F in reading comprehension.

You pay HIM, not the other way around.

No volunteers? That’s gotta sting…

Not sure of the excellence of the reporting skills in that article, given that the reporter couldn’t figure out how many dollars €7 buys, and that he appears to think Barolo is made in Canelli.

He’s talking about a big cooperative based in Canelli.

As an aside, a college friend told me how he taught her when she was at school. So I asked her if she’d like to pass comment on where “Don’t stand so close to me” came from. She then explained that he was a junior school teacher (8-11 yr olds), so despite it being well-known he was a teacher, the song certainly didn’t come from his own teaching experiences. She also said he was a rubbish teacher & just wanted to play his guitar rather than teach them!

The whole charade reminds me of a sting.

Cold Mud @ColdMud
@drvino “Every grape you take, Every bin you make, Every twig you break, Every bunch you take, You’ll be paying me.”

I’m sure we’ve got this story right. And the guy with the 200 million bucks is in it for the $200 dollars.

Sting > Sting [stirthepothal.gif]
tumblr_lkmytjnsJD1qg46pgo1_400.jpg

I’m sure that place is a money pit, so every little bit helps…