Tasting Note Challenge: You taste. I donate.

Obviously, this is a bastardization of the ALS ice bucket challenge, but whatevs yo. Basically, here’s how it works: You have to brave a glass of any of the five wines pictured below. For each tasting note with a legitimate pic of you drinking it, I’ll donate $20 to a charity of your choosing. Also, all five wines with notes equals $100. Cigarettes are optional, though encouraged. Happy tastings!
[barf.gif]
Screen shot 2014-08-27 at 3.28.42 PM.png

I used to drink Night Train back in school sort of as a lark. I remember in Texas, you couldn’t buy high alcohol wines (aka “Wino Wines”) like Night Train after 9:00 p.m. or on Sundays. It would be interesting to revisit now in my wine geek phase.

I highly encourage a revisit, especially if it’s for a good cause. [cheers.gif]

You are a twisted individual Mr. Boldizsar [berserker.gif]

I don’t get this. Anything about it. And anyone who talks about putting a cigarette in his mouth, knowing what we do today about the direct link with cancer, is just nuts.

Thread drift, but people knowingly take risks throughout every day of their lives. They drive their cars, ride their bikes, sleep around, drink, eat unhealthy foods, rock climb, stay up too late, ride in helicopters (to Screaming Eagle and other destinations), ride motorcycles, climb ladders, ski, smoke cigars, stay out in the sun, etc.

If an adult decides he gets pleasure from smoking, and is willing to take the risk that he may develop health problems down the road from doing so, it seems like his business. Not more inherently “nuts” than driving a car or accepting any other risk in exchange for a pleasure or benefit that someone wants.

And I say that as someone who has never put a cigarette, even an unlit one, in his mouth in his entire life.

Sorry, back to Night Train. Merrill does raise a question for Mark B – what is your reason for the Wino Wine Challenge? Just humor? Not a criticism, but just curious.

You got a good laugh out of me on that one, Chris. I have opted to avoid posting on most of these “look at me” threads, but hey, I can only keep my mouth shut for just so long. [cheers.gif]

I believe these folks already did the hard part for you:

Pretty lively notes as well, by the way.

[winner.gif]

I don’t see this as a ‘look at me’ thread whatsoever, in fact, quite the opposite. He’s trying to do something good for charity while letting people, essentially, prank themselves.

I think it’s a good idea, though I’m not brave enough to go buy one and make a TN out of it.

Does sneaking sips of Wild Irish Rose from a bottle at my grandparents’ house when I was a kid count? Oops, sorry, no pictures. :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s why I’m going to opt for Copenhagen Snuff when I take the challenge;)

Why not? Is it any more ludicrous than pouring a bucket of ice water over your head? Yeah…ok…maybe it is;)

Is this serious or are you jerking around? Someone gave me a bottle of mad dog as a joke last year. If you were serious about donating to the medical charity of which I serve on the board, I’ll try it and post a note.

I’d rather have the Night Train. All aboard!!

I wish we had a “Like” button on this forum. It would make life easier. But in any event Chris, I “like” your post:)!

100% serious. A genuine pic and tasting note nets a $20 donation to a charity of your choosing. I will also post pics of the receipts so you’ll know they’re legit.
:slight_smile:

What? No Boones Farm?