TN: 2010 Rhys Chardonnay Horseshoe Vineyard

2010 Rhys Chardonnay Horseshoe Vineyard - USA, California, San Francisco Bay, Santa Cruz Mountains (8/22/2014)
First point-do not drink this too cold. It was almost up to room temp (72 on this cool August evening) when it started to just explode from the glass with tropical fruit, a touch of coconut and boatloads of minerality. Very fine Chardonnay.

Posted from CellarTracker

David,

Thanks for the note. Do you think now is the ideal time to open this wine, or would it be better to wait a few more years? TIA.

Brad

WAIT!!!

TTT

We just had the 06 Alpine vyd this past week and it was delicious. So based on that, I would definitely hold for a few years.

I would wait. If you want to try now, make sure to open it way in advance…

Wait or give it lots of air.

WAIT!!

Unless you are dining with people who have never had Rhys Chardonnay, and you’re not into obsessing about the “right” time to drink a wine.

Eh, it will continue to develop but the bottle I opened earlier this year was ridiculously good.

I would be satisfied with that. Thanks everybody for all the thoughts.

Just went against the grain and opened this, unabashedly California but with some nice seaspray in the nose. Quite lovely with lobster ravioli and while there’s acid there is also citrus & butter galore.

Had this at passionfish. Wine of the trip.