Would You Drink "Hot" Wine?

If Someone Offered You Wine That Was Obtained Unethically, Would You Drink It?

• Sure, I didn’t do anything wrong.
  • Nope, and I wouldn’t want to drink any other wines with the guy either.

0 voters

So assuming. a bottle of…oh I dunno Bouchard Pere & Fils Montrachet shows up at an offline. You know the bottle is pristine and you’ve always wanted to try some. But you also believe that the wine was obtained in a less than ethical manner.

Would you?

[stirthepothal.gif]

Only if I didn’t have to tip!

You’re investigating whether or not Burgundy drinkers have any integrity? [stirthepothal.gif] [wink.gif]

I like mulled wine in the winter. Gluhwein is fun too.

I’ve avoided most of the 2007 Chateauneuf du Papes.

Why is the thieving douche always a man? Couldn’t it technically have been a woman who provided said wine? Why was the person who sold the bag to my friend a woman? Why is all wine being sold on winebid solely for personal gain? So many assumptions here it’s making my head spin.

Give this guy a break. This is getting petty.

I think Mark is stirring the pot just as much as other posters are.
If he is unwilling either to stop posting on the thread or to provide meaningful rationale for his motivations, dialog, even when harsh, is not petty.
He started the thread; it can play itself out just like any other controversy on this forum.

And I think I showed great restraint.

If I really wanted to be petty, the hypothetical wine would have been a 2010 Maison Ilan Gevrey-Chambertin 1er Cru Les Corbeaux.

Someone is offering me wine that I know was stolen?

If I know this for a fact, I not only don’t drink the wine, I remove myself from that person’s presence in an ongoing fashion.

I am saying this knowing no backstory, just taking the question at face value.

The backstory is that it’s a gauche attempt to embarrass a fellow board member!

But would you agree that the owner of the bottle would be able to charge whatever they wanted for a taste?

Oh, then please take my reply as “not wanting to take part in disparaging or embarrassing anyone here,” as well.

Thanks for the heads up.

It’s my impression that this person is immune to internet embarrassment.

I would hate myself in the morning…

Corey, why did you steal the wine?

Only if guaranteed I could offend D.Zyllberberg. :wink:

I keed, I keed!

You could always steal a Texier out of my cellar.

Fortunately, the offlines I attend are with fellow Berserkers, all of whom I know have too much integrity to be involved in such a thing.

Because I have no shame.

But you knew that already.