OK, you can two wine clubs only out the following, what do you pick

Denner
Saxum
Alban
Epoch
Booker
Torrin

Saxum and Alban would be my picks.

+1, Booker pullin 3. The price on all of them tho - damn.

Alban is not in Paso.

Edna/Paso-same thing right [wink.gif]

Has Turley fallen so far from grace?

Exactly.

Saxum & Saxum !

Impressed with Tablas Creek when we were there in may…I’d do their club, if I were doing clubs! Great array of wines…with good benefits to members!!

Saxum and Nicora. :wink:

I’d opt for Tablas Creek above all of them, but I’m not sure they’re in his wheelhouse. Every time Ive tried them with considerable age they show beautifully.

Of the two options, I’d go Denner and Saxum. Vineyards are on either side of Willow Creek road too, so there’s an interesting basis for comparison.

Torrin and Saxum…

Off topic, but Tablas Creek Vineyards and Turley are my favs.

Yes! Although I think of Turley as a Napa Valley winery, they do indeed own a winery in Paso. These in fact are the two Paso wineries I buy from regularly.

I’d probably go with some combination of Denner, Tablas Creek and Turley. Those three have a diverse porfolio of excellent wines and mostly at very reasonable prices.

But I haven’t had Saxum before. I highly doubt I’d be a regular buyer at those prices anyway, even if it were, as I would expect, very good wine.

L’Aventure.

Saxum and Alban
Villa Creek is another option for that area

I have fondness for Justin, so I will toss out that name.

Saxum to Alban is 39 miles, while not technically in Paso i think of it as a Paso area winery

Am i wrong ?

We tend to lump together Paso with Central Coast I guess, but it’s not correct to call Alban a Paso winery. Alban’s winery, and with only a couple exceptions, vineyard sources are in Edna Valley.

It’s not really being nitpicky – the two areas are nothing alike. Paso is a much hotter climate hilly inland place that specializes in Rhones and zins. Edna Valley is a coastal cool climate place that mostly specializes in pinot and chardonnay, though there is some cool climate syrah and zin too.

The high today in Paso should be mid 90s, and the high in Edna Valley should be around 80, just for example. Of course, it depends on where you are in those areas (the farther inland, the hotter), but Paso in the summer probably averages 15+ degrees hotter in the daytime.