Recent sips and slurps

2004 Domaine de la Romanee Conti Echezeaux
Thanks to AW, I took this home for member-guest with my dad, and couldn’t have asked for a better weekend. Great perfume of raspberry, leather, cranberry, wet earth and fungi. Great bottle of wine with no green aspects. Thanks again AW, made my dads year and top wine he has ever had.

2001 Simi Landslide Cabernet Sauvignon
At 13, surprisingly young. Very feminine, with black currant, cedar, leather, red cherry and just a hint of barrel toast. Great showing. Really surprised.

2001 Mt. Veeder Reserve Red Wine
Denser than Simi, but expected as Mtn fruit vs Valley. Black berries, saddle leather, a subtle mineral note reminiscent of chalk and a long finish. Shot in the dark I held this, bit glad I did.

2012 M. Lapierre Morgon
Red cherries, raspberry, and a hint of sarsaparilla. Palate is bright and very red fruited, lean, mineral and earth…great balance.

2012 Kutch Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir
As Jamie said, my wife might be the #1 consumerof this wine in America, I’ll be buying more Monday. Great nose of cherries, and pomegranate, palate follows with bright red fruits and a great floral quality. Top notch Jamie!

Nice to have an '04 Burg perform. I had the '04 Truchot Blanchards last night, and it was also very, very good.