Ladd Cellars

Ladd Cellars

21481 8th St East Suite #1
Sonoma Ca, 95476 USA
Board Contact: Eric Lundblad
Ladd Cellars is a small family owned/operated winery producing artisan Pinot Noir and Chardonnay. The Pinot Noir vines hail from West Sonoma Coast, Sebastopol and Anderson Valley. Most of the vines are approaching 20 years old. The Chardonnay is from West Sonoma Coast, from 40 year old vines.

If you divide the world of wine into 'modern/ripe', 'traditional' and 'AFWE' then I'm traditional, sometimes with a lean toward AFWE. I make wines that are balanced, to allow the finesse & nuance of the wine/vineyard/vintage to show. I'm looking for elegance, restraint and balanced fruit. I also want wines that age well and evolve in interesting ways. Towards this end, they start out being a bit masculine and, as they age, become more feminine & delicate. Because of all of this, I hold my wines back longer than most folks before their official release.

AFWE: Sorry for the jargon. AFWE is short for 'Anti-Flavor Wine Elite'. This was an insult that Robert Parker directed towards folks that like wine that is lighter, balanced and has complex savory and fruit (usually tart fruit) elements, rather than the more ripe and big fruited wines the Parker often likes. Nothing wrong with either style, but folks that like the former took AFWE as a rallying cry and a short hand reference to the style.
logo
Food Advertising by