1 kg waxy potatoes in big cubes
20g dry porcini
100g smoked bacon in stripes
1 tsp caraway seeds
2 tsp dry marjoram
1 dry bay leaf
1 onion chopped
1l veggie broth or water or why not chicken broth
150g Créme fraiche+1tbsp flour+1 big splash soup
1.Soak the porcini in water for 1h. Use most of the water later.
2. Sauté softly the chopped onion and bacon stripes in butter
3. After 3-4min add marjoram and caraway seeds and roast it a little bit.
4. Then add the big potatoe cubes.
5. Add the porcini with part of the water. Also add salt.
6. Then add veggie broth or water and bay leaf. Heat it until bubbling, then add lid. Let it cook for 30min. on low heat.
7. Around 5min before the end combine créme fraiche with flour and a big scoop of soup in a bowl. Mix it it carefully.
8. Put it into the soup and cook it on high heat for 5min. So that the flour is dissolved and the soup is thickened. Also add some nutmeg.
9. Optional add some sour cream or fresh marjoram on top. ENJOY
Category: Berlin Kitchen